Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner

As I sit here watching the movie “Ghost” on Sveriges TV, I am reveling in the revealing revelation that… I actually love this movie.


Then I think about Patrick Swayze and how he starred in almost every other guilty pleasure movie of the ‘80s: “Dirty Dancing”, “The Outsiders”, “Big Trouble in Little China”. Wait – isn’t that Kurt Russell? meh. Close enough.


Since I am not, nor aspire to be, Perez Hilton- I generally wouldn’t make an entire blogpost about Patrick Swayze a.k.a. Sam Wheat, Johnny Castle, Captain Ron - but there is actually an Umeå connection.


There is a random building in downtown Umeå which has a Patrick Swayze related neon sign on it…for absolutely no reason that is apparent to me – or most likely to anyone else either.



Where else in the world would they have random “Dirty Dancing” quotes written in noble gases on the side of a building? It would be funnier if it were in Swedish. Ingen kropp sätter barnet i hörnet


Uh oh. Carl Bruner just “spilled” on his shirt.

“No Molly! No! Don’t believe him! He’s in league with Willy Lopez!”

Must go. I’m emotionally vested now.

No comments:

Post a Comment